COMPUTER LAB AND MEDIA CENTER
The Computer Lab and Media Center utilizes state of the art equipment to provide computer training classes to agency clients and the general community. High tech equipment and qualified instructors mixed with a comfortable community setting equals a great learning experience.
There are nine student stations and an instructor computer connected to a projector. This facilitates the group learning process. Beginner computer classes are offered in small groups or with on-on-one instruction to assist job seekers that evidence limited knowledge of the computer and are unsure of the basic functions such as turning the computer on and off, using the mouse and keyboarding.
- · Microsoft Office 2007 applications
- · Mavis Beacon 8 keyboarding program
- · Class instruction in Beginner Computer, Keyboarding, Microsoft Word and Excel, beginner and intermediate levels; PowerPoint; Outlook; and Simple Start for QuickBooks
- · Open lab schedule to practice computer applications
- · Access to the Internet for job search and completing online applications
- · Instruction on Social Media and registration assistance
- · Access to a printer, copier and fax machine for job search