THE WOMEN’S CENTER
The Women’s Center assists women experiencing major transitions, with focus especially on displaced homemakers, women that are separated, divorced, widowed, whose spouse has become disabled or those that are separated from a long-term partner.
Located in a professional setting ensuring confidentiality, the Women’s Center is committed to helping women in transition gain personal and economic self-sufficiency. The commitment to helping women reach their goals is achieved through job readiness training, education, networking, outreach and referrals to other agency services as needed.
The Women’s Center creates opportunities and provides a supportive environment in which to exchange ideas, develop new skills and connect with other women experiencing similar situations.
Services are free to women that qualify as a displaced homemaker.
- Career interest and aptitude assessment
- Educational and career counseling
- Job readiness / job search training
- Resume writing and interview preparation
- Life skills workshops
- Financial management / budgeting
- Information on financial aid for education
- Case management
- Intra-agency referrals for mental health counseling, immigration and essential needs
- Referrals to community-based agencies for housing, rental and utility assistance
Workshops topics include:
- Domestic violence
- Divorce: know your rights
- Time management
- Social Media for the job search
- Balancing work and family
- Social Security and You
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Women’s Center is funded by the NJ Department of Community Affairs, the Division on Women and the United Way of Central Jersey.