The Young Families Division of the JFVS Young Leadership offers events with a focus on enhancing family life, parenting skills, and creating volunteer opportuntities in which the entire family can participate. Events connect young families and empower them to become active participants in our Jewish community.
Recent events organized by Young Leadership for the Young Families Division include:
- Parenting Event: The Parental Gift of High Self-Esteem by Nancy Silberman Zwiebach, MA, PD
- Apple Picking to donate apples for the JFVS Kosher Food Pantry
- Over 150 holiday cards decorated by local Jewish dayschool children and distributed to seniors who receive Kosher Meals on Wheels or attend the JFVS Elderday program
- A successful parenting lecture was held in the Highland Park/Edison area, where presenter Dana Werstein Parkoff introduced the 70+ parents in attendance to the concept of using the proper motivation techniques with children
- Hundreds of cans and other non-perishables were collected at various schools and synagogues around the county for the JFVS Kosher Food Pantry
For Young Leadership members who are looking to take their involvement with the agency a step further, there are numerous committees that would welcome their participation. Committees such as career services, fundraising development, Marketing/PR, and senior services, are really where the work is done that shapes the agency’s future.